To Wildacres from Marion, NC
- Go north on Hwy. 226-221, 6.3 miles from the Hwy. 70 intersection.
- Take a left on Hwy. 226 toward Spruce Pine. (This intersection has a traffic signal.)
- Go 1.1 miles to the intersection of Hwy. 226 and 226A and turn left onto 226A. (Road construction has changed this intersection.)
- Take this road 6.5 miles to the Wildacres sign at Wildacres Road and take this left.
- Go 1.1 miles on gravel road to a paved drive on the right leading to Wildacres.
To Wildacres from Spruce Pine, NC
- Take Highway 226 to the Blue Ridge Parkway, across from the Minerals Museum,
turn left onto the Parkway ramp.
- At the stop sign, turn right to go south on the Parkway.
- Go about six miles on the parkway and turn left at Gooch Gap. This is between mileposts 336 and 337.
- Turn right onto the gravel road and go about 7/10th of a mile to the paved driveway on
the left leading to Wildacres.