The Artisan’s Experience
Many artisan groups have made Wildacres Retreat their favorite get-away location. The retreat offers a wide range of spaces that such groups find fit their needs perfectly. Groups that stay at Wildacres have the opportunity to really get away from outside distractions and focus on connecting through learning from each other and dedicated creation time. All stays at Wildacres include lodging, family-style meals in our dining hall, use of program facilities, and full access to our extensive hiking trail system.
- Upstairs art studio within our pottery building
- Smaller meeting/creation rooms within our Lodges
- Large well-lit meeting spaces indoors and in our auditorium
- Outdoor workspaces such as the barn shelter and amphitheater
- Quiet spaces throughout the retreat
Sample artisan groups
- Appalachian Expressive Arts Summer Institute
- Redux Art Retreat
- Creative Watercolor Technique
- Carolina Captured Photography
- Charlotte Woodcarvers Club
- Creative Sculpture
- Rising Sun Pottery
- Masonry Heaters Association
- Florida Goldsmiths
- Blue Ridge Polymer Clay Guild
- Greenville Modern Quilt Guild
- Eastern Federation of Mineralogical and Lapidary Societies
- Southeastern Federation of Mineralogical Societies
The studio is a great space for groups wishing an open floor plan, and good lighting.
Wildacres has a beautiful stone patio located between our north and south lodges. It is perfectly located due to the great views, excellent light, and of course, the amazing company!
Our outdoor art spaces, such as the barn shelter and amphitheater, are perfect for classes and creation time in the fresh mountain air.
Wildacres has a fully equipped lapidary workshop that’s currently used by groups that come to the center for jewelry making workshops.